I came across this photo on Tumblr and it got me thinking about all the books I want to read but, never get around to reading. I’m not much of a reader, tbh. I was such a bookworm when I was in elementary school. I would get in trouble with my parents for reading waaaaay past my bedtime. I read every book I could get my hands on. The book fair and the Scholastic catalogs felt like Christmas morning. The last book I read was “The Perks of Being a Wallflower” (highly recommend it) and I’ve had a list of books I’ve been wanting to read but, haven’t gotten around to it.
1. The Fault In Our Stars – John Green : Now, I’m referring to all of John Green’s books. I’ve seen him all over Tumblr and he seems like my kinda guy and supposedly his books will make you cry. Literature that makes you feel feeeelings? I will probably love all his books.
2. It’s Kind of a Funny Story – Ned Vizzini : I learned of this book through the movie version of it. A book about depression. As someone who has dealt with depression I’d love to see how this book portrays it. (I still need to see the movie as well).
3. Bossypants – Tina Fey : It’s Tina Fey, that’s all that needs to be said.
4. Is Everyone Hanging out With Me? (And Other Concerns) – Mindy Kaling : I loved Mindy Kaling on The Office and I’m enjoying her new show, The Mindy Project and I just think she’s fabulous.
5. Pride and Prejudice – Jane Austen : I know, I know. How could I have never read Pride and Prejudice?! It’s a classic! I’ve seen both the 1995 BBC version and the Keira Knightly version and I’ve loved Mr. Darcy for years. But, I’ve just never read the book. Watching The Lizzie Bennet Diaries, (a modern adaptation of P&P) made me want to go and read the actual book.
6. Bridget Jones’s Diary – Helen Fielding : I actually had no idea that the Bridget Jones movies were based on books and that this book is sort of a modern adaptation to Pride and Prejudice (Colin Firth will forever be my favorite version of Mr. Darcy). I found this out about two months ago and since then this book has been added onto my list.
I could go on but, these are towards the top of my list. Now, I just need to stop writing about them and actually read them!